Thursday, May 21, 2009

Working hard for our money...



Work is two things: rewarding and brutal.
The first three days it turns out are a test run for everybody -> if you aren't able to raise over $125 and also commit two monthly givers, then you lose your job.  Thankfully, Kramer and I both "made staff" and despite the pressure had a good time doing it.Al Three people didn't come back today... its almost like a game of survivor.   Knowing that you've done something really great while you were at work for the day is a really rewarding and powerful thing.  Although I've gotten a little bit sunburnt and my farmer's tan is coming in strong, work is going well.  Kramer and I are both being trained as field managers this week, so we'll be leading our own crews of canvassers. 
Today though I didn't raise barely any money, the same for a lot of people, and that was very discouraging... but tomorrow can only get better.

Here's a picture of our house, like I said: ITS HUGE.  I live on the second floor in a nice room that is painted brown.  Kramer lives on the third and everybody that lives on the second and third floors shares a kitchen.  The boys in the basement have their own kitchen on the 1st floor that everybody fights over the use of fridge space for... apparently those boys don't use it at all- when we got here there was a gallon of milk in the downstairs fridge that expired in January... I think everyone might be right.


1 comment: