Sunday, May 24, 2009

Do you have a minute for the environment... dammit.

So the last week Kramer and I both didn't "make quota" at work.  It turns out that each week you must make $625 to keep your job... we both raised clear over $500 - so we both got warnings... Carl says I'm way too happy when I ask people if they have a second to talk to me.  Our pickup lines consist of Do you have a moment for clean energy?  Do you have a minute for the environment.. etc.  He told me I would get more stops if I acted more serious so people don't think I'm just some happy cute girl but rather sense the urgency in my voice instead.
So yesterday at field manager training, I had to practice asking those questions as if there were a period at the end and not a question mark.  He had me say the phrase:  
My shoes are dirty... 
                Do you have a minute for the environment.
Next week: Its on!

This evening we're going to a Memorial Day cookout at somebody's house from the door-to-door office. We made pasta salad.  Supposedly there will be bacci ball and a game of kickball: we can't wait.
Were starting to make friends with our roommates more which is cool: Yesterday we rode bikes with this dude named Timma down to the Mississippi river to play frisbee and my feet kept getting bitten by these really spikey weeds that were all over the field. . . But this town is sweet because we never have to drive a car.  Everything is either close enough to ride our bikes, walk or take a bus.  Lexington - you've got some work to do.
As for the photo of the day, the sauces at taco bell are not the same color as at home...

Can you tell which one is wrong?

2 comments: