Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Now what?

WE GOT FIRED.
So yesterday at work, Sam (our boss) gave Kramer and I the news that we would be transfered to the door-to-door canvassing office because of our lack of money raising skills.  Like I said before the quota per day is $125 and Monday and Tuesday I only raised $95 each day.  
So the kids from the door office are really cool and we thought that it wouldn't be too bad... but this morning I got a phone call from Sam telling me that she was "letting us go" completely.  
So of course I got upset, freaked out for a minute and panicked. 
BUT... maybe this is all just part of our adventure.  
We were fired not because of our personal deficiencies, but our lack of ability to raise obscene amounts of money from people on the street.  
Oh well I guess, as much as I care about the issues and the environment- that doesn't make me a great street peddler.
Minneapolis phase two: Job search. 

5 comments:

  1. well, now, that was unexpected. i'm soooooo not a fan of fear induced work ethics. lord knows, you had enthusiasm to spare. it was totally unnecessary for them to do that. honestly.

    anywhoo...you've been a fantastic co-worker...i'm more than happy to provide a reference. if worse comes to worse you might be able to coffee shop it, eh?

    let me know if you end up stranded...i'll see what i can do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i dont like these people at all, and thats horrible. i would have let them knew i was from Dayton with my reply back after i got fired. screw them, those are NOT the kind of people that you want to work for

    ReplyDelete
  4. Boo, Lyd, boo.

    Maybe time to reinstate the tie-dye business?

    ReplyDelete